The WGNO News with a Twist Essence Festival Ticket Giveaway (“Sweepstakes”) starts at 5:00 PM (CT) on Monday, June 24, 2013, and ends at 11:59 PM (CT) on Friday, June 28, 2013, (“Sweepstakes Period”). The sponsor of this Sweepstakes is WGNO-TV, One Galleria Blvd, Suite 850, Metairie, LA 70001 (“Sponsor”). The Sweepstakes shall be subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, all participants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions herein.
1) NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2) How to Enter: Enter by watching WGNO-TV News with a Twist weekdays at 5pm and 6pm during the Sweepstakes Period. During both the 5pm and 6pm broadcast Monday-Friday, an announcement with a specific secret keyword will be listed on screen.
ENTRY VIA ONLINE: On the WGNO website (www.wgno.com/twist), click on the link to the contest page for the NEWS WITH A TWIST Essence Fest Contest to reveal the Sweepstakes registration page. Enter by completing and submitting the online entry form on the WGNO contest page along with the specific requested secret keyword as instructed. Registration will only be accepted between 5:00 PM and 11:59PM CT each weekday with the specific word(s) for that day included. Registration will only be accepted through the form on the WGNO page. All entries must be submitted and received within the Sweepstakes Period. There is a limit of one entry per person and per email per day. Entry during one day does not automatically register entrants for additional days. All entries must include registrant’s name, age, address, email address, and phone number. You must provide all information requested on the entry form, your contact information must be accurate, and you must have a valid e-mail account in order for your entry to be eligible. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the holder of the e-mail account will be deemed the person who submitted the entry. On-line entries containing attachments, or other information generated by a script, macro or other automated means shall be disqualified.
By participating in this contest, you will be entered to receive future offers and deals from WGNO/WNOL and our trusted partners.
3) Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open to residents in the Nielsen-defined New Orleans DMA® (Hancock and Pearl River Counties in Mississippi and the Parishes of Orleans, Jefferson, St. Tammany, St. Bernard, Plaquemines, St. Charles, St. John Baptist, St. James, Washington, Tangipahoa, Terrebonne, and Lafourche in Louisiana) who are age (18) eighteen years and older at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsors and of their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, prize providers, promotion and delivery contractors and/or public relations companies associated with this Sweepstakes, and members of the immediate family or household of any such persons and/or employees of other media companies are not eligible to participate. There is a limit of one prize per household during the Sweepstakes Period.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
4) Selection of Winner and Notification: Ten Winners will be selected, two per day Monday-Friday, from all eligible entries received each day by 11:59PM CT during the Sweepstakes Period.
Sponsor’s decisions regarding all aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding. Odds of winning depend on number of entries received. Sponsor will notify the potential winners after being chosen via telephone or email. After this notification, if a potential winner does not respond within ONE HOUR, if a winner does not fulfill the eligibility requirements, if a winner does not adhere to the Official Rules, or if the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, that winner may be disqualified. All winners maybe required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and (where legal) a Publicity Release. Failure to return all such documents set forth herein within seven days of the date they are sent will result in the winner being disqualified and another winner may be selected from remaining eligible entries, based on the criteria set forth above. Winner has 5 business days from notification to pick up prize at the WGNO-TV office, One Galleria Blvd, Suite 850, Metairie, LA 70001, weekdays during normal business hours or prize may become property of Sponsor. NOTE: The Event is the weekend of Friday-Sunday, July 5-7, 2013 in New Orleans, LA at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.
5) Prizes. Ten (10) selected winners each receive a pair of General Admission tickets to the 2013 Essence Music Festival in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans, LA on July 5-7, 2013. Tickets are valid for ONE SPECIFIC DAY ONLY. (Approximate Retail Value: $250).
6) Prize Conditions: Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash, and prize substitution will not be allowed, except at the discretion of the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event listed prize or portion thereof is unavailable for any reason. All winners are responsible for any applicable federal, state and local taxes, where applicable, in connection with the prize. Winner will be responsible for any and all additional prize-related expenses not mentioned herein. Prize does not include transportation to the event or accommodations. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsor award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules.
7) Other Conditions of Entry: Entries that do not comply with these Official Rules or that breach the foregoing representations and warranties shall be disqualified. Entrants agree to indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor harmless against any and all liabilities, losses, damages, claims, debts, investigations, fines, penalties, costs, expenses and settlements (including attorneys' fees and costs of litigation, settlement, judgment, interest and penalties) arising out of or related to a breach of the foregoing representations and warranties.
8) Responsibility Release: By entering Sweepstakes entrants agree to release, waive, and hold harmless Sponsor and their affiliates, subsidiaries, parent companies, advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, losses, damages, and liability arising from injuries, damages, costs, or expenses of any kind (including without limitation attorney’s fees) incurred as a result of the entrant’s Sweepstakes participation and/or their acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize or element thereof.
9) Publicity: By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to allow use of their name, voice, photograph, likeness, and any information provided on entry form in any medium of communication, including but not limited to print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by Sponsor and their licensees and affiliates, without additional compensation.
10) Internet: Sponsor is not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any Sweepstakes related materials; for entries that are late, misdirected, deleted, incomplete, inaccurate, or garbled or entries that are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly or are lost for any reason, including computer, telephone, paper transfer, human or other error, or for electronic, computer or telephonic malfunction or error, including inability to access any website associated with this Sweepstakes, or process any transaction thereon. If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, or if this Sweepstakes or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper playing of the Sweepstakes and processing of entries in accordance with these rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in the Sponsor’s opinion, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Sweepstakes or any portion thereof. In the event this Sweepstakes is cancelled, the Sponsor will select winners applying the criteria set forth above to all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation. If such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension occurs, notification will be posted at the Entry Site. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION.
11) Winners List or Official Rules: For a copy of the Official Rules or Winners List, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WGNO-TV “2013 Essence Fest” Ticket Giveaway, One Galleria Blvd, Suite 850, Metairie, LA 70001. The winners list will be available after July 8, 2013 once winners have been verified and prizes awarded.